I’m more likely to take on a project that follows these three guidelines:
- If the tattoo is a general idea with fewer restrictions on design and body placement.
- If the tattoo has one main subject with fewer specific things (this includes fewer specific symbols).
- Allowing me free reign in the creative process will provide the client the best results
No art ever leaves the shop, which is standard protocol in the tattoo industry. I know this requires a lot of trust but it ensures that in return you will receive the custom design that is representative of who you are.
A lot of time, hours, and creativity goes into designing your piece. The hours spent on the drawing is something that no one ever sees; even for a small tattoo this step can take many hours. Any changes on the design can be done in person before the actual tattooing. The drawing deposit is anywhere from $100-$200 depending on the size of the tattoo. It is nonrefundable and is not deducted from the cost of the tattoo. My hourly rate is $250 an hour, and I work on larger pieces.
I specialize in covering scars and mastectomy scars. This type of skin is very tricky to tattoo and the actual scar can be very tough to get the ink in. Also the surrounding skin can be thinner and more fragile than normal, making it difficult to tattoo. I took on this type of work many decades ago and I find that each case is unique to the individual and can be quite challenging, however I find it very gratifying to help people regain a sense of self-esteem.
A few final notes:
- I am no longer doing cover-up work but can refer these requests to my resident artists.
- Cancellations require 72 hours notice.
- When rescheduling your next appointment, it is the client’s responsibility to make sure that the artist and studio receive your message.
- Before your appointment make sure you eat a good protein meal, and for longer appointments bring a snack to help with low blood sugar.
- Be sure to wear comfortable clothing that can accommodate the area that is to be tattooed.
- Because of COVID-19 and the fact that our shop is rather small, we are currently not allowing any extra people in the shop other than the person getting tattooed.
Madame Lazonga’s Information for Mastectomy and Scar Clients As an award winning, published professional in the industry of tattooing for decades, this is how I work:
I require artistic freedom to create something that I know will work for you that will look good through time, as your tattoo ages. First and Foremost: THIS SHOULD BE YOUR ONLY EVENT OF THE DAY. The intensity of this art is similar to surgery. This tattoo is part of your sacred healing and will adorn your body, transforming your pain into a manifestation of your inner beauty. You will see this tattoo every day for the rest of your life, in your most intimate and private moments. Please respect the process and yourself by giving it the time it deserves.
Policies: I work by scheduled appointment only. We must meet in person and have a consultation to determine if your expectation can be met. I require a deposit before all scheduled appointments. DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE & NON-TRANSFERABLE. I require 48 hours notice for rescheduling. No artwork ever leaves the shop ahead of your tattoo appointment; I do not send artwork via e-mail or text. I can make minor changes on the day of your tattoo. I spend many hours researching and drawing for your tattoo. You must understand that a drawing is flat and 2 dimensional when you are looking at it on paper, but your body has curves so the pencil sketch will always look smaller on your body.
- 1.GET A GOOD NIGHT’S REST AND DO NOT CONSUME ALCOHOL THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR TATTOO
- EAT A SUBSTANTIAL BREAKFAST WITH PROTEIN BEFORE COMING IN
- TAKE IBUPROFEN AT THE MEAL AND AGAIN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SESSION
- WEAR LOOSE CLOTHING. NOTE THAT TATTOO INK STAINS FABRIC
- BRING A SNACK FOR YOUR BLOOD SUGAR
- HAVE AN ICEPACK AT HOME AND PLAN
- DO NOT MAKE ANY OTHER PLANS ON THE DAY OF YOUR TATTOO. PLAN TO REST AFTERWARDS
My policies are based on decades of experience.